Last Revised: August 18, 2017
Point Loma Town Council is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to Point Loma Town Council Web site and governs data collection and usage. By using Point Loma Town Council website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Point Loma Town Council collects personally identifiable information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Point Loma Town Council also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Point Loma Town Council. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Point Loma Town Council for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of Point Loma Town Council Web site.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Point Loma Town Council public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: Point Loma Town Council does not read any of your private online communications.
Point Loma Town Council encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from Point Loma Town Council so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. Point Loma Town Council is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of Point Loma Town Council and Point Loma Town Council family of Web sites.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Point Loma Town Council collects and uses your personal information to operate Point Loma Town Council Web site and deliver the services you have requested. Point Loma Town Council also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Point Loma Town Council and its affiliates. Point Loma Town Council may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
Point Loma Town Council does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Point Loma Town Council may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, Point Loma Town Council may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Point Loma Town Council, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Point Loma Town Council does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Point Loma Town Council keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within Point Loma Town Council, in order to determine what Point Loma Town Council services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Point Loma Town Council to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Point Loma Town Council Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Point Loma Town Council or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Point Loma Town Council; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Point Loma Town Council, or the public.
Point Loma Town Council Web site use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Point Loma Town Council pages, or register with Point Loma Town Council site or services, a cookie helps Point Loma Town Council to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Point Loma Town Council Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use Point Loma Town Council features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of Point Loma Town Council services or Web sites you visit.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Point Loma Town Council secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Point Loma Town Council secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
Point Loma Town Council will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Point Loma Town Council encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Point Loma Town Council is protecting your information.
Point Loma Town Council welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Point Loma Town Council has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Point Loma Town Council at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, or email address. We collect and store personal information that you share with us. Below are examples of ways in which we may collect your information:
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website, or otherwise contact us in person, by phone, or email, with an inquiry. We may then collect information such as your name, address, email, or telephone number in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number, and other contact information if you register for and/or attend an event.
- We may collect information such as your name, email address, telephone number, and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone, by mailing in a check, or any other manner in which you might make a contribution.
- Information you give us on Fund Agreements or other forms (such as your name, address, assets, and income).
- Information about your charitable gifts and grant transactions with us (such as your fund balance, grant history, and parties to transactions).
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by Point Loma Town Council. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
PLTC restricts access to personal information to those employees who need to know that personal information to provide our services to you.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
PLTC respects and values the trust you place in us when you give us your personal information and is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of our donors’ personal information.
- We will not trade, share, or sell a donor’s personal information, collected on the website or through any business activities, with anyone else.
- We will only share donor mailings on behalf of other organizations once the donor has given PLTC specific permission to do so.
- Donors may opt in to share testimonials with PLTC, which may be featured on PLTC’s, website, or other publications.
- Donor names may be featured in recognition lists with other donors at their associated giving level in PLTC publications such as the website or annual report. Upon making a donation to PLTC, the donor will be prompted to select their anonymity preference, thus determining their preference to be featured in such publications.
- We will collect payment information, billing address, and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of the law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use your personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit card, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address match the information that you supplied to us, and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
PLTC SITE USAGE INFORMATION
Information (e.g., log files, cookies, Internet tags, web beacons, etc.) we collect from you through your use of the Site will be used to (a) monitor the operation, technical functions and quality of the Site, (b) compile general statistics regarding use of the Site, and (c) analyze demographic information about the Site’s users. We may also use such information for research or improvements of the Site and the services we offer you. This data is also used by PLTC to deliver customized content and advertising to you when your use of the internet indicates that you are interested in a particular subject area.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not disclose any personal information about our donors, or former donors, to anyone except as permitted or required by law.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
PLTC is committed to protecting the security of your personal information transmitted to and from this website and will take reasonable security precautions to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. With respect to financial information that you transmit via Kintera, please review the privacy and data security policies of Kintera, the vendor that will be transmitting your donation information to the entity responsible for processing and settling those transactions.
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Point Loma Town Council
1220 Rosecrans Street, 450
San Diego, CA 92106
August 18, 2017